Best 4K TV for Gaming
As systems develop and grow, the idea of graphics is a major concern for many gamers. In recent years, we have even seen the remake of some of our favorite retro games such as Crash Bandicoot into versions with newer technology and better graphics.
However, part of making our games look their best depends on what we are viewing them on. Anymore, even the pictures of a 1080p television are considered a little behind the times. Fortunately, the newer technology of 4K televisions is becoming increasingly affordable. It can be confusing to look at any new technology and find what is best for you, though. So, in this article, we are going to take a look at 5 of the best 4K TVs that you have to choose from when you are looking to buy the best TV for all your favorite games.
TCL 55P607 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
First up on our list, we have the TCL 55P607 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV. Specifically, we are taking a look at the 2017 model. This 4K TV comes with a stand and measures out to 49 inches by 30.1 inches by 8.3 inches. The functionality of this TV ranges across 4,000 streaming channels and more than 450,000 movies and TV shows thanks to Roku TV.
What is especially important to gamers, though, is the quality of the picture that they are getting. This TV works with a full array of LED backlighting with 72 local dimming zones. This allows you to view a bright picture while still keeping the deep colors and dark corners of a game just as well as bright blue skies.
Another consideration to take into account is the fact that many games are fast moving and, as a gamer, you need a TV to keep up with the pace of your games. This TV runs with a refresh rate of 120Hz, meaning it will show quick movements without the motion blur that older or lower quality models tend to show.
- Beautiful picture
- Refresh rate holds up to quick action scenes
- Multiple outputs allow for a variety of consoles to be connected
- Some issues with sound quality
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 49" x 28.3" x 3", TV with stand: 49" x 30.1" x 8.3"
- Smart functionality offers access to over 4,000 streaming channels featuring more than 450,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision HDR (High Dynamic Range) for the most lifelike picture
LG Electronics OLED65C7P 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2017 Model)
Next up on our list, we have the LG Electronics OLED65C7P 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV made in 2017. This TV comes in 2 sizes; a 55-inch screen or a 65-inch screen. You can also order this TV with a Blu-ray DVD player, SJ7 sound bar, or even an SJ9 sound bar. For an extra price, you can even have this TV mounted onto your wall by an expert.
When you are looking to find the best picture possible, contrast is key. You need the bright colors on your screen to look bright and the shadows to look dark. On this TV, you are assured this quality by individually lit OLED pixels.
These pixels also help the size of your TV. Since they don’t require a backlight to work, the use of OLED lights helps to make your TV thin, helping them to lay flat against your wall rather than sticking out.
- Quality picture
- Thin design thanks to OLED pixels
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 57.2" x 32.8" x 1.8", TV with stand: 57.2" x 34.4" x 8.5"
- Smart functionality gives you access to your favorite apps and content using webOS 3.5
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
Sony XBR43X800D 4K Ultra HD TV (2016 Model)
If you are looking for a 4K TV with a friendlier budget, our next option might be the best option for you. The 2016 model of the Sony XBR43X800D 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV is 37.9 inches by 24.1 inches by 8.6 inches with a stand and 37.9 inches by 22.3 inches by 1.8 inches without a stand. For the latter, they also offer expert wall mounting for an extra charge.
The refresh rate for this TV is 60Hz native and 240 Hz. This makes sure that you won’t suffer from the motion blur of a low-quality TV. To be fair, this is a lower refresh rate than some of the other 4K TVs that we have looked at but it shouldn’t affect the results that you see very much at all.
This TV is an edge-lit TV with LED lights. If you plan on using this for more than just gaming, you’re in luck. Made with Smart functionality, this TV is fantastic for using for console gaming, online gaming, or even streaming your favorite show.
- Backlit for a clearer picture
- Smart functionality
- Lower refresh rate than some models on this list
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 37.9" x 22.3" x 1.8", TV with stand: 37.9" x 24.1" x 8.6"
- Smart Functionality: Yes
- 4K Ultra HD resolution produces incredible clarity for a more lifelike picture
Sony XBR55X900E 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
This choice may seem like the same one we just looked at but rather than the 2016 model we just looked at, this is the updated 2017 model. The Sony XBR55X900E 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV comes in 4 sizes; 49 inches, 55 inches, 65 inches, and 75 inches.
The refresh rate on this TV is fantastic at 120Hz. This means that no matter how quick your game is moving, your TV will move just as quickly. In other words, you won’t have to worry about any motion blur disturbing your view of the game’s action. This is further aided by Sony’s MotionFlow XR software, which helps the TV to handle fast-moving action sequences.
This TV is also a Sony Android TV. In other words, it works fantastically with Smart software, allowing you to access all your favorite websites and allow you to stream all your favorite shows with no problem.
The picture on this model is also beautiful, allowing for bright skies and pure black shadows as well. In fact, it offers about 5 times the picture quality of the standard TV with an LED background. However, this model – while not extremely expensive – unfortunately isn’t as low-priced as some of the other options that we have looked at today.
- Beautiful picture
- Smart capability
- No motion blur
- Various size options
- Not as low-priced as some other options on this list
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 48.4" x 27.9" x 2.4", TV with stand: 48.4" x 30.5" x 10.3"
- Smart functionality gives you access to your favorite apps and content using Sony's Android TV.
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture.
Samsung UN65KS9800 Curved 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)
Last on our list is the 2016 model from Samsung. Don’t be fooled into thinking that this TV is less impressive simply because we’ve listed it last. This television can keep up with the competition and then some.
The notable features for this television are endless. This item has Triple Black Technology, so you’ll get the best shades of black in every shot, even in the dark. Similarly, you’ll experience amazing quality because of the Full Array Backlighting that this TV has to offer.
All in all, you can’t go wrong with this TV. The only major con is that it can be out of the budget for many. If you decide, however, that the price is worth it, you’ll be getting a great product for the money.
- Triple Back Technology
- Full Array Backlighting
- Not as budget-friendly as other options
- The Ultimate Curved 4K SUHD Picture powered by the Quantum Dot Color Drive. Fires off a billion more colors than HD TVs for a lifelike picture unlike anything else
- More than just pitch black, get the best shades of black with Triple Black Technology. Never miss a detail in the dark.
- HDR 1000 mirrors the high contrast and vividness the way movie makers intended
At the end of the day, you have a lot of options when it comes to finding the best 4K TV for you and all your gaming needs. However, each option on this list will offer you a beautiful picture as well as a fantastic capability of keeping up with even high-action games. Whatever your budget or favorite game is, you are bound to find an option that is absolutely perfect for you.