Looking for a cheap gaming mouse? Our top 5 under $50 (2017)
Does a cheap gaming mouse perform well?
Many gamers don’t realize that a cheap gaming mouse can perform up to standards with some of the most expensive mice.
We aren’t talking cheap as in quality.
Mice over $100 are beyond the reach of average and casual gamers, and are usually used by a small fraction of gamers (professional gamers). Nonetheless, there are a handful of gaming mice available that will deliver fine gaming grade performance, without draining your budget.
Here are our top picks for cheap gaming mice, based from price as well as performance.
Logitech G402 Hyperion (TOP PICK!)
Logitech’s G402 Hyperion gaming mouse is capable of delivering high quality gaming grade performance. G402 Hyperion is a successor of Logitech’s G400 gaming mice series, and has maintained the superb quality and performance offered by this series.
The Hyperion G402 has a unique and smart design, and is suitable for most hand sizes and grip types. Whether you prefer a palm grip or a claw one, you will find the Hyperion extremely adaptable. It has 8 buttons that can be reprogrammed by gamers according to their preferences and gaming needs. Weighing at 103 grams, it is a lightweight and smart gaming mouse that does not cause fatigue even after hours of intense gameplay.
Equipped with an AM010 optical sensor, the Hyperion offers superb levels of precision and accuracy. The DPI is adjustable and ranges from 240 to 4000 DPI, making it suitable for most gaming situations. All this performance for under $45, it’s no wonder why we rate the Hyperion the best cheap gaming mouse!
- Responsiveness:USB data format: 16 bits/axis USB report rate: 1000 Hz (1ms) Microprocessor: 32-bit
- Fusion Engine hybrid sensor,8 programmable buttons,On-the-fly DPI Switching,32-bit ARM processor,1 millisecond report,High-speed clicking,Full-speed USB
- 4 on-the-fly DPI settings,Tracking Resolution: 240-4000 dpi Max. acceleration: >16G* Max. speed: >500 ips*
SteelSeries Rival 300
Our second cheap gaming mouse is the SteelSeries Rival 300. It has a cool and ergonomic design, and is ideal for palm grip and claw grip. I would not recommend this for gamers who prefer fingertip grip, because it has a slight hump on the back.
Rival 300 is free of prediction and built-in acceleration. The optical sensor offers a DPI of up to 6400, which would be sufficient even for some pro gamers. The responsiveness and accuracy of the Rival 300 is impressive, and it makes it a perfect choice for all gaming genres equally.
It is a lightweight 103 gram mouse, with two comfortable grips on either side. The lightweight not only helps in precision during FPS games, but also causes comparatively little fatigue after hours of intense gameplay. Rather than a braided cord, it has a rubber cord and thus does not get twisted. I have used this cheap gaming mouse often for FPS gaming, and I really believe this mouse offers a bit more than what it costs.
- Zero Hardware Acceleration - precise tracking at all speeds
- 6 programmable buttons (including CPI)
- Configurable resolution up to 6,500 CPI
This is the cheapest gaming mouse on our list in terms of price, not quality. Although the TeckNet Raptor lacks some features offered by high-end gaming mice; that can be overlooked if you consider the mere $10 price. It is ideal for gamers who are new to gaming accessories, and gamers who are very short on their budget. It costs just a few more bucks than an ordinary mouse.
Despite the cheap price, TeckNet Raptor has an amazingly stylish look and a strong build. It houses six buttons that gamers can reprogram according to their preferences. The buttons are a bit sticky, but I guess that too can be compromised because of the low budget price.
It has an optical sensor offering up to 2000 DPI. The DPI is not adjustable and you have to choose one of three available variations: 600, 1200, and 2000. To conclude, the Raptor can certainly be regarded as the best mouse in the low budget gaming mice category.
- 3 Levels DPI Adjustable: 1000/ 1600/ 2000DPI precise sensor, provides you with the most responsive gaming experience.
- Ergonomic Shape Design & Cool LED Light: the unique frosted surface and the comfortable wheel design offer an incredible user experience.
- Plug & Play : no additional software required, equipped with durable braided cable and high quality golden USB port. Tested over 20 million keystokes ensure long lisfespan.
The Redragon M601 is a trending cheap gaming mouse and is perhaps the best model Redragon has yet come up with. Redragon is rapidly gaining popularity amongst gamers since their target customers are average gamers, who want a certain level of quality and performance without having to spend big bucks on it.
The Redragon features adjustable weights, giving you total control to adjust the weight according to your preference as you play across different genres. Gamers mostly prefer heavier weight of FPS games, and a lighter one for RTS and MMO games.
The optical sensor offers DPI setting of up to 2000, which in my opinion is quite enough for most gamers. The M601 houses 8 buttons in total, two of which are reprogrammable by users. The programmable buttons are located on the left side, within perfect reach of the thumb.
A remarkable feature of M601 is the dedicated software that you will either receive with the mouse, or you can download it from Redragon’s website. The software allows you to customize different settings of the mouse, as well as macros. To sum it up, M601 holds a significant position as a cheap gaming mouse and is well worth the money.
- Ergonomic Redragon M601 Centrophorus Backlit Gaming Mouse 3200 DPI (800/1600/2400/3200 4 level DPI adjustment) , 3600 FPS, 15G ACC super fast game engine
- 5 programmable buttons with 5 memory profiles, an 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x 8) and LED color options. (LED may be disabled)
- Durable smooth TEFLON feet and contoured body for ultimate gaming control. Quality ABS construction and two programmable side buttons
Last but certainly not least on our list is UtechSmart’s Jupiter gaming mouse. The Jupiter is ideal for gamers who want more value for less money. The superior, eye-catching, and perfectly crafted design makes the Jupiter look worth much more than what it costs.
It is a high precision gaming mouse and the optical sensor offers up to 2500 DPI. Having a high level of responsiveness and accuracy, the Jupiter can give you an edge over your competitors even in intense FPS games. I tested the mouse on CS:GO, and was surprised with the perfect precision this mouse offers at such a low price.
The mouse houses 6 programmable buttons, and allows the users to store up to 2 different gaming profiles. It is equipped with Omron micro switches that ensure a minimum amount of effort during gameplay. The DPI profile is flexible and users can choose one of the 8 available variations: 250/500/750/1000/1250/1500/2000/2500 DPI.
- 2500 DPI high-precision sensor, 1000 polling rate, 11g acceleration.
- Onboard Memory with 6 programmable buttons, On-the-fly 8 adjustable DPI profiles (250/500/750/1000/1250/1500/2000/2500 DPI), 2 onboard stored profiles.
- Four Colorful Breathing LED Lights.
It may have seemed impossible to find the best gaming mouse ESPECIALLY on a budget! Hopefully this top 5 cheap gaming mice list has helped you decide.
Our top choice is definitely the Logitech G402 Hyperion in terms of sheer performance while still being budget friendly.
Either way, you can’t go wrong with any one of these cheap gaming mice!